Monday, October 08, 2007

Across the Universe

So Cindy, Whitney and I went this weekend and saw Across the Universe...for those of you who may not know, this is a musical about the vietnam war using all beatles songs...it was AWESOME! they did such a good job of not ruining the songs and of caputuring the emotional stress that that time provided...on all levels. There were some visual parts that had you trying not to blink because you weren't sure if you would miss something! One of my FAVORITE scenes: one of the characters had been drafted and he went for his physical with several other people. The song they were sing was I want you (She's so Heavy)...when they get to the end of the exam all of the men are singing the very dramatic "She's so Heavy" part of the song and carrying the statue of liberty. My gosh, it still give me chills! i wanted to get up and start clapping! but i didn't :)

I think everyone needs to go see this movie...there is an underlying love story in there too...just fyi!! :)

No comments: