Monday, April 06, 2009

Surprise

Today i had some surprise 1st grade visitors from and Edmond school. Early in the school year.....there was a lady who was working with our school in the teachers lounge one afternoon at lunch. She was asking about all that was going on and it was brought up that i was completely lacking in supplies for art (and music) and how much money i had spent on the various supplies that i needed! So today....her and her 2 1st grade sons walk into my classroom with 7-8 bags of art supplies! The sons had a birthday recently and they had asked everyone to bring art supplies to give to our school.....of course, because i'm me, i teared up!! It is so sweet.....and i will pay it forward some day!

3 comments:

Kellie said...

How GREAT is that?!?!? That is so awesome!

Anonymous said...

Aww... I'm so glad you referenced Pay it Forward in this blog! I LOVED that movie and that concept, and this was a really sweet thing they did for you. I love to hear people doing good for others :)

Whitney said...

when you told me i didn't realize they did this for their birthday! so awesome!