Monday, March 27, 2006

I've decided to stop talking as much and do more listening and thinking...i feel that i repeat things a lot...especially when i get really excited about something...i just keep saying the same things over and over...another great thing about the new orleans trip was a time for self reflection!! For the most part...i'm pretty happy with myself. But i think listening more and knowing exactly what i want to say and how to say it will only make me a better person...something i've realized lately though....no one really listens...and i've noticed this for a while...I don't know how many times i've been trying to tell someone something and the subject was changed to something that wasn't close to what I was talking about, most of the time in the middle of a thought or comment! And this happens to me quit often...so i thought, well, maybe its just me...maybe i'm just not that interesting or what i have to say is just not that important, so i decided to pay more attention to others...and its not just me...i think as a society we are not listening, we are not valuing what others have to say!! we don't have to agree with them or even like what they say but just to listen and to put time into people is worth way more than always agreeing with them!!

2 comments:

kluge girl said...

Yep. Seek to understand before being understood....:)

Mike said...

Please write about something.