Sunday, June 25, 2006

http://www.thirdworldtraveler.com/Global_Secrets_Lies/Going_Cheap.html

Although this article was written 5 years ago, its is still distrubing to see that the world is like this....in my readings for my sociology class i am learning a lot about poverty and what is going on in the world and its even more disturbing....after i finish taking these test i'm going to post a did you know list....things that i find highly disturbing....i end this post with one right now!!

did you know that 1/2 of the worlds population are considered at poverty level...and most of those are children....1/2 the world is a lot of people!!

1 comment:

Buenoman said...

It's all disturbing, but what disturbs, if not frustrates, me is all the hungry poor in the U.S. that are forgotten because a capitalistic citizenship cultivates a cause-and-effect economic worldview that treats the poor with scorn and mistrust.

What's even more disturbing and frustrating is that I'm so shaped by the culture that I subconsciously buy into that worldview and it causes me to be inactive, if not oblivious.

Sorry for the Debbie Downer post.