Thursday, February 12, 2009

RID


so i had to go get some RID today....for those of you that don't know its a lice killing shampoo. there have been several kids at school these days getting sent home with lice. yesterday i went on a field trip with some 2nd graders....one of the ones that was in my group and who held my hand, and gave me several hugs and sat next to me all the time, got sent home with lice today. although my friend jennifer checked me i thought i would take the no lice precaution! this has been happening all year...there are two families that have about 11 kids in our school that can't seem to get "rid" of it!! (i crack myself up!)

4 comments:

Whitney said...

that sucks.

Kellie said...

I had lice when I was little, too. I had long, thick hair and it was hard to get rid of them. My grandma would take me to the bathroom, sit on the toilet, make me sit on the floor, and pick at my head till EVERY ONE of those b@stards were gone!!! And lemme tell you, my head HURT when she was through. I wanted to cry every time. I think I got them from someone in the family, though, and not from someone at school. When we got Jaspar, he had little baby ticks and subconsciously, I started itching and thought I had fleas. I even made my mom check my head a few times. Apparently I was paranoid. :)

jenn said...

I totally feel the paranoid thing...just thinking about lice makes my head itch!

Anonymous said...

If you use a hairdryer everyday, you will not get lice. Trust me...I, too, have taught at an elementary school.