Tuesday, October 25, 2005

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

i was at one of my schools today...i was waiting in the hall for my class to get back from the library and all of the sudden this lady starts talking to me...

her.."i've got that same sweater"

me..."cool"

her..."did you get it at target, i got mine for $4...isn't that great"

then she proceeds to hug me...there are several first here...i've never been hugged because i had the same sweater as someone...i've never been hugged in the first 3 minutes that i've met and started talking to someone...

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

this is what i do at work while i'm waiting for my students to come to class...if they come to class..i'm calling it doodle art : )

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

mike has inspired me to tell a few memories from my childhood...i think i've suppressed a lot of them but there are a few that i will tell...

* when my siblings and i were little we called sheets and blankets, hot covers and cold covers...the sheets were cold when we got into bed and the blankets kept you hot...

* we had a station wagon.... we always had a fight about who got to sit in the "back back"...

* we re-wrote the lyrics to stevie wonders "i just called to say i love you"...to "i just called to say eat my underwear"....thinking about that now makes me laugh...i have no idea where we came up with that : )

* nearly ever sunday on the way to church my grandpa would put in the mills brothers...i am sure none of you have heard of the mills brothers and trust me its okay...but we used to go to church singing..."glow little glow worm, glimmer glimmer"...and "I'm gonna buy a Paper Doll that I can call my own A doll that other fellows cannot steal And then the flirty, flirty guys with their flirty, flirty eyes Will have to flirt with dollies that are real"....to this day i have a fondness in my heart for the mills brothers...

* i started playing cello when i was about 8 years old...i once was giving a "concert" for my grandma and dad when i first started...i think i was playing twinkle twinkle...my grandma starting crying and had to leave the room.... i thought that i was so good that i made her cry...i was thinking she was so proud of me for being able to play cello...well, i found out years later (after they realized i was pretty good) that my grandma was laughing so hard that tears started rolling down her face... : ) its funny that when i was younger no one ever thought that i would play the cello very long or that i would be very good at it...my old strings teacher told me a few years ago that she was always shocked when my name kept showing up on her attendance sheets at the first of the year...and she never expected me to be any good : ) thats funny to me because "the red headed cellist" is about all i'm know as....there are several times in my life i've gotten..."i didn't recognize you without your cello" (thats always a good feeling : )

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

All nice memories.