Saturday, January 21, 2006

I haven't really been blogging much these days...not sure why, i guess i just don't really have anything to say...my life is not exciting, i know as if it ever was....

I think i decided how to teach the rest of the year without my students getting bored and without me going crazy....it took long enough thats for sure...but i had to give up on teaching them to read notes....i only see them once a week and its hard to get everything done, so something had to go...i know what you are thinking...but they have to read notes...what kind of teacher are you...well, you come spend a day in my classroom and see what you think...i've decided that getting to know my kids and getting and insight into their lives is way more hopeful to them at this point....i've had several classes in the last few weeks that only one student will show up...we sit there and talk for most of the class but i think these kids need to see that someone cares about what is happening in their lives and let me tell you....what is happening should not happen to anyone...let alone kids of their age...


2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Maybe you should have become a therapist instead. I thought a music teacher was hired to do just that, teach music. It seems like you don't really care about teaching music. Reading your blog tells me a lot about you. You seem to be bored or disgusted by the students. Correct me if I am wrong.
I hope none of your peers or your boss is reading your blog.

Anonymous said...

How do you grade them? By how well they open up to you,, or by the way they CAN'T read notes?

Strange way of teaching. Don't they need to know how to read music?