Monday, May 16, 2005

1 down 5 to go

i have 5 more school days left...i forgot that we have to come back next monday because of a snow day...most of the kids won't be there and the ones that are we are just going to sit around and do nothing...i don't think i've ever been as rude to anyone in my life as i was to parvin today (yes, parvin : ) one of my students asked today if i going to be back and i told him no....to say the least he was a little upset...and i'm not lying to the kids about why i'm not coming back...i've also started a letter to the principal and others about the strings program....i've decided i'm not leaving without saying my peace, which really isn't like me...

as i was trying to sleep last night i was coming up with some options for next year....i put a lot of time, thinking about teaching in college...i won't get a college job next year but i could work up to that....i could totally own a music venue and teach in college...my dad took me to lunch today....out of nowhere he was like why don't you open a bar....this really shocked me because i haven't told him about any of my music venue plans....when i told him, i'm working on that, he didn't freak out....that is, totally, freak my dad out news....so him not freaking out was way weird....but i think that is a good sign, maybe he'll help with some financial backing : ) so own my venue and work at a college...thats what i have so far : ) as for next year....well, i don't know yet...i guess general music it is....


No comments: