Thursday, January 27, 2005

Fire in the Furnace

So I've been listening to a kick ass cd. Its been on my "to get" list for a long time and I have just recently acquired it. They are the Fiery Furnaces and the cd is Blueberry Boat. The cd has some crazy musical things on it. The songs don't seem to have any form....which i like, it goes from one thing right into the next. They have two singers, lyricly they are not my favorite but they are still doing some killer things. They have great key sounds and every song is very different. Its just good, and they are just doing what they want to do instead of conforming to what the radio wants. Of course they are not coming anywhere close to Oklahoma but what do you expect.
I think some of their same concepts will go into the new music "project" i'm working on with my friend, we'll call him Chad. We talked last night, we've got three songs already in the making from other projects that we have done together. I'm also going to purchase a bass pod to run my cello through which is going to be awesome. I'll have all kind of effects at the tip of my fingers. And just being the two of us, we will have a lot of freedom. I'll probably end up playing some keys and violin too. Who know, maybe upright bass. Hopefully in the next few months we will be performing live : ) I love to perform so I can't wait....

I've got good news for all single women.......Orlando Bloom is single...... : )

No comments: