Wednesday, January 26, 2005

Ready to Fight

I've got my boxing gloves on and i'm ready to fight the battle for arts in Oklahoma. How, one may ask, and I don't really have a very good answer yet. I know that it is going to start with this music venue. A place people can come that is focused on music. Somewhere that will bring in musicians that don't normal come to Oklahoma. I'm still working on how to get them here, but it will happen. I have pushed all doubts to the back of my mind. If someone doesn't start the battle, then Oklahoma will stay arts unfriendly forever and I couldn't live with that. This Saturday is mission statement Saturday, then we are going to start work on our business plan. And at some point we might come up with a name for the greatest music venue in the world.

It looks like I'm going to be starting a few music groups of my own with a friend. We are going to form a "rock" band of sorts, but not all the members may be the same at every show. Then we are going to work on some more electronic type music, recording drum beats and alternative lines and then have cello and guitar playing live. Which I think would be really fun and it will be really good playing again. By the way, I play cello and have for 19 years. I play all the time but I feel like i'm not playing anything real. I actually considered joining the philharmonic this week, then I decided againist it : ) I love classical music too, but i'll wait until i get old for that : )

Now totally off the subject, I had a dream last night that i was in a house with some friends and all of the sudden water come flowing in from all side and there was nothing that we could do. We ended up trying to swim to a door where the glass had fallen out and tried to escape that way. I remember one of my friends being behind me and i reached for his hand, I didn't stay asleep long enough to see what happened then. It was a very distrubing dream. I can't imagine what it would have been like to be in the Tsunami. In my dream i was fighting for life but was thinking it was pointless. I wonder how many people thought that some thing but kept fighting....

BYW....don't listen to Bright Eyes while working out....its not good workout music : 0

No comments: