Tuesday, February 08, 2005

lesson learned

i learned a good lesson this last summer....always be yourself. No matter who you are or how much you want to impress someone, it is better that you hold true to who you are. I was searching online last night and found a really cool t-shirt website, heavytees.com, they have some vintage looking t-shirts that are just fun...and I got to thinking about it and i hardly wore a t-shirt all summer and that just wasn't like me. I really enjoy wearing t-shirts especially when they are really cool or are from a show i've been to. So then that got me thinking....what else did i change, and why did i change? I realized i had changed several things, i wasn't doing things that i love to do (making skirts, going to shows, dancing)....I wouldn't have changed anything that happened this summer, except that i would have been more myself. so why did i change, i guess it was because i wanted to fit into a model, that i had come up with myself. I wanted to be exactly what this person wanted, even though i was giving up myself, and even though i had no clue what this person wanted. But because of this i have learned that its not worth changing who you are to impress people. Change is good and inevitable, but change because its what you want not to please others. If they like you, then they should like you for all of you mistakes, stupidity, dumb stories, and all of the good things you posses. In most people the good things out number the bad things, we just focus more on the bad within ourselves. Maybe if we can just convince ourselves that the good out weighs the bad and that we are worthy, then we wouldn't change for people. We could just be happy being us....Sometimes I feel like i don't know who i am, what i want or how to get it, but i know in my heart that i am a good and caring christian person and extremely worthy of true love....and one of these days a guy will come around that will see that, and i will be strong enough to be myself....


No comments: