Friday, February 11, 2005

manchurian candidate

Its nice to have a relaxed friday night with a good friend, a movie, pizza and a bottle of wine. I usually end up drinking most of the wine though. We watched the manchurian candidate tonight....it was fucked up....i loved it.....it is a movie that i'm going to be thinking about, i didn't really like the ending, because it didn't really feel like it ended, but maybe after i think about it i will grow to like it.

I was at school until 4 today...thats a long day for me, i usually leave right after 2 (i'm spoiled). I have a student that is dying to switch from viola to cello...i really don't think he realizes how hard that is....but i agreed to teach him. He couldn't wait until next week so we had to have a lesson on today...if he actually practices, he will be pretty good. We'll see if he practices, at the high school age they are kind of flight. I did get a lot of reading time in while waiting for him to show up though.

I've been reading About a Boy, the person that lent me the book said it was better than the movie, and i think i agree with him. I have around 100 pages left but i'm digging it....so far it has stuck pretty close to the movie, but it just seems to go more in depth and the relationship between Marcus and Will seems more real....I was reading this part of the book and it made me laugh...This is Marcus thinking about his mother (mum) and Will getting together....

"if a girl and a boy met, and they didn't have a boyfriend or a girlfriend, and they both looked all right, and they didn't mind each other, then they might as well go out together. What was the point in not? "


It just seems so innocent and simple...if only it were that simple....it makes me smile : ) One of the things i love more than anything about the movie is the music.....Badly Drawn Boy did the whole score...it is great....the soundtrack has one of my favorite songs of his.....

Above me, Below me
Don't wanna give
Don't wanna steer
Don't wanna be anything I'm not
You take answers
I give questions
Like some rolling monologue
Wanna be the one to say
That today could be the day
A pity to believe in what
You know is what you know
I will take you as you are
Please accept me as I am
Find your lonely life bizzare
Know it's above you know I know it's below me
Always ??
Don't wanna live life in your shoes
I don't feel I know the way
Feeling you, giving me directions I don't need
Up and up and round we go
First it's fast and then we're slow
Could u connect with my interlect
I wont take you as you are
Please don't take me as I am
Find your lonely life bizzare
You'll see this in love
You'll see this in life

For an all year round reception
For a love with no connection
Knowing you, knowing my


Ignorance to more then life
Know it's above you, I know it's below me
I will take you as you are
Please accept me as I am
Find your lonely life bizzare
Know it's above you know I know it's below me
I will take you as you are
Please accept me as I am
There'll be something in the wind
To show us the light and tell us we're wrong
I want to move on


At his concert that I saw in August he said this was one of his favorite songs too....which is just cool. I just really love badly drawn boy....his music is real...he lives his music....

No comments: