Sunday, February 06, 2005

superbowl and other things

So i don't watch much football, but i like it and i understand whats going on, and i try to watch the "big" games at least....and i really do like watching OU games, I can get really into them. They are a lot of fun to watch with friends, like we did tonight....but i have a favorite superbowl party, i was living with a band member and another band members sister in law and we threw a super bowl party.....well, we didn't really watch much of the game but a lot of drinking went on. I went to bed early, because I had to get up the next morning and pretend to teach. when i woke up the next morning, i found out, my band member had decided it would be a really good idea to drive some friends home and took my car, he ends up hitting the full trash can and knocks off my side mirror and then tries to blame it on the trash man (i'm sure i should be more politically correct but i can't think of what it would be right now) for not taking the trash the week before.....oh....the superbowl : ) I drove with a side mirror hanging down from my car for about 6 months....fyi, duct tape doesn't work to well for things like that...

Our meeting on Saturday for our music venue went great...i'm getting more and more excited, the ideas just won't stop and they just keep getting better. We have started our mission statement, i'm going to spend sometime this week putting it together. we have made a decision not to have a restaurant but just have a coffee bar with food. That will save us a lot of money and several licenses that we would have to get. we are also going to have a "freak" show several times a year...its going to be great.


I just got the new Lou Barlow....Emoh....i'm going to listen to it for a few days and then i'll write a review on it....so far i'm really liking it....

I also just found out that I'm going to get to play the cello "piece" that Kaki King has inspired me to write at our show on march 18th....i'm very excited....
Its crazy sometimes when there are so many things that are good and that i'm really excited about and theres one or two things that bring everything down....i've been dealing with that a lot lately....i've got to learn just to focus on the things that make me happy and not worry about the other(s)....thats really hard to do sometimes.


No comments: