Friday, March 04, 2005

a long day



It has been an extremely long day....i'm very glad it is over. I took my high school students to district solo and ensemble contest. Its just weird being responsible for so many people. Thats like a very adult thing to do and most of the time i don't really feel like an adult. We did well though. We received 5-I and 6-II, which is good. The judges were giving out a lot of III today and i'm glad we didn't get any : ) Everything went extremely smoothly and i had my friend Ashley there in case i passed out or anything : ) Now we go to state in about a month....road trip to Stillwater...the fun just keeps coming ; )

I did get a little nostalgic today. I had my students play for the class before we left for SNU. One of my violinist played a song that i heard probably every day one year. One of my best friends in high school, played the same piece. There were 4 of us and we all kind of tortured each other with our solos. We could pretty much sing all of each others solos at any given time. No, I wasn't a nerd in high school : ) It also made me think how sad it was that i never talk to Bryan anymore : ( Oh, well, i wouldn't go back to high school to save my life.

No comments: