Sunday, March 20, 2005

Why hello

I'm feel like i'm running out of blogging material. And all I do is talk about nonsense so I guess there is just really nothing going on. I do go back to school tomorrow for another 9 weeks. This is going to be a hard 9 weeks but I think its going to go by pretty fast. We are taking a trip and have contest and concerts, so i'll be busy.

Yesterday was Catholic workers day....we bag and deliver groceries to the poor. I'm realizing more and more how messed up our government is . Yesterday, I visited a family who lived in a hotel room. There was a mother and two kids. One bed, no sheets. We walked in and everyone just looked scared. Why are we fighting a war when we can't even feed our own people? When people who need help can't get help? Why are we not putting "war" money into ourselves? Its sad to me to think that these two kids will likely end up the same way their mother is. I once had this idea...probably my junior year in college...if i ever made a lot of money I would build/buy and apartment complex for such people. A place where these people can go and have help figure out their lives. A place where God is. A place that there would be no drugs. A place that is clean and well kept, but not costly. A place that is a community, where people in the same situations can make friends and have social groups. What i'm finding, a lot of are these people are alone and don't know what to do or how to help themselves. I personally have a great group of friends. People who are supportive and loving and would help me out with anything. These people don't have that, and i think you can't live life without that kind of support. This place would have counselors and doctors and teachers who would come in and just help these people in anyway they could. Sometimes our world makes me sick to my stomach...okay, i'm done for now : )





The nameless band is really close to having a name : ) I'll keep you posted....I am even working on an original song for us...it could be cool, but probably not...this is my first attempt at writing for a band, we'll see.

No comments: